The QHUG Committee is making good progress on the remote site equipment. Recent activity has included:
- Nearly complete fit out of the enclosure
- Purchase of a transceiver (IC7100) specifically for the site
- Approval to negotiate with a potential site owner
- Testing of software for remote control equipment
- Completion of base and remote control units
- Planning for solar panel installation
A remote site enclosure was purchased by the QHUG committee in September. The cabinet is approximately 960mm x 960mm x 1800mm. It is made of 18mm plywood and covered in fibreglass inside and out for a fully weatherproof finish. The door is fitted with two security locks.
This is an ideal enclosure for a remote site and was obtained at a very reasonable price. Thanks also to Malcolm ZL2UDF for facilitating transport of the enclosure to Wellington.