At the AGM on 3 May 2018, Mike ZL1AXG outlined the work programme ahead for RemoteDX Inc:
Equipment finalisation and testing
Equipment is now complete in the “fridge” (remote enclosure). Finalisation of the software testing for SCADA control will continue over winter for a spring installation of the Remote site.
Remote site antenna installation and siting of remote enclosure
Negotiation of a site agreement and installation of antennas and the enclosure will be a spring activity (dependent on the Mt Climie upgrade).
Broadband network upgrades
- Relocation of the Johnsonville Link site to a new location and shift node to Ngaio to being direct point-to-point backbone link
- Upgrading of Ngaio to backbone status (addition of direct point to point links to Climie backbone and Johnsonvile link sites)
- Changes in software configuration at Colonial Knob to provide for point-to-point communications to Mt Field, Mt Climie and Johnsonville link sites.
- Installation at the Mt Climie site of a number of nodes (local access node, and point-to-point backbone links to Wairarapa, Colonial Knob, Mt Field, and Ngaio. This will include installation of a RemoteDX pole, a pole mounted switch, and trenching for POE feed.
- Some software upgrades to Mt Field to provided point-to-point backbone link to Colonial Knob and testing site locations for a link to Mt Climie.
Small teams of RemoteDX members will be needed for the Johnsonville and Ngaio upgrades, and a large team (over 3 visits) will be needed for Climie installation. Branch 69 will manage installation at Mt Field. Many upgrades can occur over winter, but the Mt Climie visit will be scheduled on fine warm weekends in Spring.